You can never know too much or have too much information to fight cancer. I wanted to pass this along to all who would want to know. Could be for you, could be for family, or just to have this information for later in life.
Here are a few tips on how to help yourself out with your veins this summer.
1. Stay cool – Increased heat can dilate your veins and cause pain and other symptoms like aching and tenderness to worsen. Help keep your body cool by wearing loose or flowing clothes in breathable cotton whenever possible.
2. Stay hydrated – By drinking plenty of water and other fluids throughout the day, you will not only stay cool, you’ll improve your circulation.
3. Stay active – Regular, low-impact exercise like swimming and walking will work your calf muscles, which can improve circulation in your legs. If you sit a lot at work or home, you can help relieve pressure in your varicose veins by keeping your legs uncrossed and periodically rotating your ankles, then flexing and pointing your feet 10-15 times. Doing this at regular intervals throughout the day can reduce pressure in the legs and improve circulation.
4. Wear support socks – Compression stockings and socks are available at most medical supply stores and are now made in a variety of skin tones and fashionable colors. You can take advantage of one of the newer style trends that considers pairing shorts and sandals with tights to be fashion-forward rather than a fashion faux pas! You might opt to hide your compression stockings under some of the longer-length sundresses or loose pants that are in style this season.
5. Use self-tanners – If you have not yet undergone vein treatment, or if your treated veins are not yet diminished, you can use self-tanners to help cover them. The bluish-purple tone of varicose and spider veins will appear less pronounced if your legs are browner overall.
6. Keep legs elevated – Lessen the negative effects of gravity on varicose veins by putting your feet up on a box, stool or ottoman whenever you sit. If you are relaxing at home, you can also lie down on the sofa or recliner with your feet propped up. Extra pillows can be placed under your feet whenever you are lying down in bed.
Happy Monday everyone!
Get up and dust the weekend off yourself. Today is a new day full new adventures for you. Don’t take a backseat to your life. Hop in the driver’s seat, take the wheel, and put the pedal to floor. Get out and enjoy everything this day has to offer!
The weekend is almost here! Can you smell it??? What better way to get it started than with a laugh or two. Not only does it put you in a good mood, but can keep a smile on your face all day.
Without further adieu, I give you….. Pork!!
We live our lives thinking tomorrow will be there. Go to bed, wake up, and the sun is shining again. What if you knew when you woke up that morning, it was your last. What would you do?
Would you change how you already go about your day?
Would you contact someone?
Would you wipe that frown off your face and smile all day?
Would you make someone’s tomorrow the best ever?
Would you make someone else’s today the best ever?
Would you give thanks for all the days before?
Would you live it helping someone else?
Would you spend it with loved ones?
Would you say “I Love you” to the ones that need to hear it?
Would you resent that day the same as the others before it?
Would you curse the ground you were walking on?
Would you make your last day everyone else’s worst day?
One more day. Twenty-four hours. For a small amount of time, it holds innumerable decisions. For most, this isn’t your last day. You do have more days.
Days to dance.
Days to read.
Days to help.
Days to make a difference.
Days to teach.
Days to cry.
Days to rejoice.
Days to learn.
Days to love.
Live your life to fullest, each and every day. Live your one more day, everyday.
What are you doing today?? Will it contribute to making you a better person tomorrow?
Exercise? Eating? Time for yourself? Family?
I love the American spirit!!
One year ago, chaos, blood shed, and screaming ruled the day. Running a marathon turned into a life or death tragedy.
Today, American’s said not here and not today. The Boston Marathon is being run today. And not just being run, but with near record numbers. People that were there a year ago are back today and people that weren’t there a year ago are there also.
To each and every participant in the marathon, congratulations! Not only are you awesome for running in the marathon, but for telling the world you were not made weaker from this. In fact, the very opposite. You were made stronger!#BostonMarathon #BostonStrong